Sunday, April 02, 2006

FBI's breaking into your house! April Fools!

So, April the 1st has come and gone.

And so did the event known as "April Fools", where you get off with all sorts of pranks by saying "April Folls!". Like "Hi. Sorry, but I realised I'm gay and I wanna break up. April Fools!"

That kind of crap.

Of course, everyone likes to get into the spirit. Newspapers, magazines....the list goes on.

Naturally, websites love to join in the fun.

Tokyotosho was the one who brought me into remembering that special day, as I woke up at 11pm, switched on the comp to see what Animes/music/hentai/Music Videos I can download.

I was greeted with an Eagle/Osprey on a crest, with the words "Department of Justice" nicely hanging out. Words like "Illegal downloads" and "You are not annoymous" were tossed all over the place, with your IP and where you are from flashing at the bottom of the screen.

My first instinct was that Tokyotoshan was hacked, since I fully know that TT cannot be caught by the court. However, the realisation that I was fooled was smacked at me when I visited the forums I frequent, namely GameFAQs who had a huge front page saying "Do not think you cannot be caught" (RIAA's famous words, BTW), saying that GameFAQs has been shut down because it encourages cheating (in games) XD.

All's fun, until people take it a little too far. Too far is like "Hey, your sis's committed suicide! April Fools! \o/".

And that's what some fansubbing teams did.

Nanashi decided that releasing 7 fake episodes (1.38 gig in total) would be fun. Even more so when they didn't say put an indication that it's fake. Of course, many leechers think otherwise, since 1.38gig of Eureka 7 is something they have been waiting for, since they are one of the so few teams that work on it, and only to be disappointed by a joke sub.

Of course, there are other teams with joke subs. But they make it clear. School Rumble episode 27? :o. And who can ever forget DB's fake Bleach releases which they have so clearly indicated (No usual [DB] tag), but still get leechers? (Right, Missile-chan? XD)

However, Nanashi just took it too far, even for April Fools. Jokes are meant to be funny, not just to yourself, but to everyone.

It so seems that Nanashi can't get it. LoL.

Note: I don't watch Eureka 7, in case you are wondering.

----

Tiong Bahru plaza. Ahh...all the memories from sec 1.

Visited there today. It used to be a pretty dark place with few interests, from what I recall.

However, that place is boring as hell for me today. Sure, the Comic Connection there is huge (bigger than the usual ones), and I was sorely tempted to buy some GSD stuff there (Lacus's hair clip! Too bad it's a little poorly painted. ._.). Other than that...it has....

Nothing.

The arcade was a disappointment. Even for E-Zone, it's small, it's stuff, and it has no decent games to speak about. The shops are rather more catered towards females, and so, I'm bored as hell while my parents were at the Supermarket.

Huge difference in just 6 years. :o.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home